God's Character Woman

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Insecurities...Overcome them! Pt. 1

          
Insecurity- 1. lack of confidence or assurance; self-doubt:  - dictionary.com
  Insecurities seem to cloud a woman's mind, over take her thoughts of herself, her abilities, and attributes.  Every woman goes through it, a feeling of inadequateness, comparing one's self to another woman either friend or on television. Listening to other women at the gym, mall, or reading a magazine on what is the proper silhouette for each size of a woman. It is hard as a human being not meeting expectation especially of a society that is constantly promoting a false image of an ideal woman. No one ever really tells you about Photoshop editing that is done in photos or how the woman in the photo has her own insecurities she is dealing with in her own life. She feels just as insecure but it is possibly in a different area than those envying her.

 Another way insecurities are planted within us is from our own friends! Yes, our friends can plant insecure feelings within us! We listen to them talk about their insecure issues, I know this us true, I have sometimes have done the same thing. Usually joking about myself but how does my friend know I am serious or not since we are just talking?   Are they looking at themselves and seeing the same flaws that "we" say are flaws.
Growing up in my house, I was blessed to have a mother that was always encouraging everything about me. Anything I thought was a flaw or a problem area, she was working to help me overcome those thoughts within myself and see the beauty of God's creation.
As parents, you must remember that your children can possibly carry your insecurities, listening to you everyday speaking negative words about yourself. A child will start to look at themselves in the mirror and worry about themselves. Then you begin to wonder, why does my child think so negative of themselves? How did this start? Sadly, it started with you!
That brings me to the point that your insecurities could have came from family drama and parents' insecurities.  Some parents have placed their own emotions, desires, and struggles on their children. You could have adapted their problems but you have the power to overcome those issues by seeing the best of God's creation; by not comparing ourselves to the world's standards and unrealistic expectation. 

Romans 12:2 ESV

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
 
Your challenge is to wake up each day and tell yourself.. 
"I am beautiful. I am wonderfully made. It starts with my smile, it is a sign of his grace; his love is displayed in my eyes, the color determined by faith. My hair is his glory, his light shines from my face.  My figure is perfecting, perfection is made through Christ. I am more than a conquer, insecurities will leave my life!"- Prophetess Tashaye
If you want to add more, please do, post it throughout your house, on your computer, in your purse, remember ... you’re beautiful!
Jude 1:2  ESV      
May mercy, peace, and love be multiplied to you.

 Let us as women today take the time to find value in ourselves by noticing our characteristics and substance! Rather it is our laughter, our smile, kindness, giving, mercy, grace, polished style...

What attributes contribute to your true beauty?
 How often are you discouraging yourself?
 How can we be encourager of God and discourage his creation?
 -Prophetess Tashaye of God's Character Woman Ministry

No comments: