God's Character Woman

Monday, April 11, 2011

If it wasn't for my mother...

Smiles...Laughs....

If it wasn't for my mother...

My Mother. My Mom. My Mama. How ever you want to call her, she is the reason you are who you are and how you are today. Yes, fathers too but this is about my mother. Some people may take that in a negative way but don't. This was ordained and approved by God. Everyone has a mother, she is the one who bathe you, taught you, knows you, and God created her for you. She isn't perfect but as I always say, Who is? My mother always told me that they do not give a manual on how to be a mother and I would say, Nor do they give a manual on how to be a daughter.

My mother is a beautiful lady, full of laughs, wisdom, knowledge, understanding, character and substance. After studying the Proverbs 31 woman, I realized how much my mother was like her. As a child, she made everything fun even cleaning, yes she has always been a creative person. Everyone that meets her adores her just because she is always herself. She taught me how to be myself and accept myself. Even at a point in my life when I dealt with low self esteem. Surprisingly, I did not see the beauty I see now in myself. I did not recognize my natural beauty or the glory God placed on me but my mother always did.

Proverbs 1:8-9:
   8My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother:
   9For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.

Mother..A hard job and responsibility. So many children being given up or taken a way from their parents because of treatment or their parents lifestyle. Thankful enough, I had a a mother that choose me over herself, her dreams, her goals, and her happiness. Instead, her dreams became me, her lifestyle became me, her thoughts were of my safety, and her happiness was found in my smile. My Mother, an amazing woman, strong independent, ambitious, encouraging, determine, God-fearing, and always making the impossible to others, possible.

If it wasn't for my mother who knows where I would have been today or doing. Yes, she was over protective, but she had to be with so much evil in the world. Sure, I did not get to go to all the events or everywhere my friends would go but I couldn't because she knew all along what was best for me as her daughter. Yea, we were not the Cosby's, but we were always a family. She made time for me even when she didn't have time for herself. My mother always telling me how I can do bigger and greater things. Always exposing me the finer things in life and supporting me in all my goals & dreams.

Passage Ephesians 6:1
 1CHILDREN, OBEY your parents in the Lord [as His representatives], for this is just and right.



If it wasn't for my mother would I have met God when I did. Who knows? She saved my life and presented eternal life to me by introduce Christ in my life. She always kept me in church and we were always participating in church activities. At first, I hated it, but as I got older  I realized everything she did was for my best. Her goal all along through Christ was to bring out my BEST! The best smile, my best efforts, the best works, and the best in everything I do. Never settling for average and low standards. She and Christ built a standard in my life that I just can't bring down the bar. She helped me deal with what I considered flaws and helped me cope with my own imperfections. No, she never thought I wasn't a great daughter but she instead of telling me cause I couldn't see, she showed me and now I see.

So yes, your mother is hard on you and expects more but that is because she knows your best. She knows you. God gave you to her and her to you. She learns you and you learned her. She is your blessing and you were her gift.  When I look and see the difference my mom makes in people's lives, it brings me joy, happiness, and honor. You should work hard to make your mom proud of you and her proud of herself. I have seen some daughter not give there mothers' respect, honor, and appreciation. Regardless, you have to obey mom even when you do not agree.

Passage Ephesians 6:2:
   2Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;
    2Honor (esteem and value as precious) your father and your mother--this is the first commandment with a promise--(A)
 
 
Honor:
High respect, as that shown for special merit; esteem:
Good name; reputation.
Principled uprightness of character; personal integrity.

 I know some people have problems with their mother or the relationship isn't that great but life is short so to walk around with strife, unforgiveness, and anger against your parents. Any moment, Any day, and at any time they could leave you and would you really want to leave things where they are or move forward to a happier life with Christ.  If you need help to move forward, then seek help from a neutral party that has sound Godly advice. It is not about who is right or admitting fault, it is about accepting your responsibility in the relationship and letting it go to build it together again.


Ephesians 6:3
    3That all may be well with you and that you may live long on the earth.


I love my mother! She means alot to me. I am thankful, that I can go talk to her, and she can come chill out with me. We can have lunch together and have meaningful conversation. We shop together and laugh together. I respect her and she respects me as her daughter. I am so proud of her and how she allow God to take over her life. She has been the best example to me.

Exodus 20:12:
   12Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
She surprised me one day when she said how open I am to friends of all races. She said she was proud of me. I am thankful she taught me how not to judge a book by its cover but look beyond the cover and read the story. She taught me how to be friendly. The only reason she was able to be this great mother is because of God. He instructed her. She listened. She taught us ( me and my sister) all she knew and did her best so God could do the rest.
Matthew 15:4:
   4For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

Love your mother! 
Appreciate your mother. She is yours. You are hers. Your each others. Enjoy each other.


I know I do. I love you mother!
~Prophetess Tashaye

No comments: